Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Brain Storm


My naked body lies in the porcelain white tub. Knees up and head on the hard cold bottom. Staring up at the window, the steam from the hot water blurs the outside world. Hot water crawls up my back and reaches my neck while my hair delicately dances on the surface of the bath water. My skin turns pink from the hot bath while the water gently swallows me. The sound of the faucet water filling the tub slowly muffles then disappears as it creeps inside my ears. I stare at the white ceiling, taking shallow breaths. The thoughts swirling in my mind are for once quiet and numb. The water seeps into the sides of my lips and in my mouth. My eyes fill with the hot burning water and now not only can I not hear, but I can't see. Shallow breaths out of my damp nostrils, soon I wouldn't breathe. Just as the water slides down my nose, burning the back of my throat, I slide my foot over to the plug and pull it. Slowly my sight comes back and I can hear the water being sucked down the drain along with my heart. I watch the condensation on the window roll down like tears and I get up. I stare at the foggy mirror, where my reflection would be, watching as the steam slowly disappears and I can see myself again.

No comments: